Genealogical Research Certificate Program Details: Online
The Boston University Center for Professional Education Certificate in Genealogical Research online offers an interactive, multimedia course of study that serves as excellent preparation for those who seek certification through the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
The online certificate offers a high level of flexibility and convenience. Though you start and end each module on specific dates, you can log in to the program at any time of the day or night. Instructors and teaching assistants guide students through the online course materials via required participation in discussion boards, email, course announcements, and optional live chats. Within each module, there are specific due dates for assignments and quizzes. Those who are most successful in the online course are self-motivated and comfortable with technology. You should be able to complete the following computer tasks:
- Create a document, name it, save it, and find it again on your computer
- Attach a document to an email
- Download a document or PDF, save it, and find it again on your computer
- Locate a document on your computer and upload it to another site
- Print a document
- Edit a Word document with a .doc or .docx extension
- Listen to audio on your computer
- Watch short video clips (two minutes long)
- Navigate between multiple windows open simultaneously on your computer
- Use an Internet browser
- View a document with tracked changes embedded in it
The seven-week, online course in Genealogical Principles is designed specifically for enthusiasts of genealogy who wish to improve their research skills and develop an understanding of best practices. This course is excellent preparation for BU’s certificate program in Genealogical Research.
Online Genealogical Research Program
To Learn More or Register
To inquire about Boston University’s Genealogical online programs, including upcoming course schedules and registration, please contact our educational partners at MindMax, Inc. by calling 1-877-290-9005 or by visiting their website at genealogyonline.bu.edu.