How to Apply
We encourage all interested students to attend an information session prior to testing. If you can’t attend an information session, please read through our brochure and the FAQs for information about our program.
Before you register for your first course in the Interpreter Program—Community, Legal & Medical Certificates, you will need to demonstrate your fluency in English and either Chinese, Portuguese, or Spanish through testing,
- Complete an application.
- Register for a testing date. Testing costs $50 and is not refundable.
- Attend testing session.
- Demonstrate written fluency by writing four short essays.
- Demonstrate verbal fluency through role playing, interpreting short phrases, and sight translation with our faculty.
- Demonstrate overall competency and fluency in both languages.
- Register for the first course after successful completion of the test.