Course Details: PMI-ACP® Exam Preparation Program
This program will be offered May 20-June 23, 2017.
Our PMI-ACP Exam Preparation program consists of two required parts:
- Part 1: Online Overview—Online sessions are held weekly over five Saturdays.
- Part 2: On-campus Boot Camp is held over three days the week following Part 1.
PMI-ACP Certification Requirements
You must have either:
- A secondary diploma (high school, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent)
- 2,000 hours (12 months within the last 5 years) of general project experience working on teams (a current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP® program)
- 1,500 hours (8 months within the last 3 years) working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies (in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience)
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices (successful completion of the Boston University PMI-ACP Exam Preparation course fulfills this requirement)
In addition, you must also:
- Submit relevant academic transcripts
- Submit your application and testing fee to PMI® to take the exam. The Online Overview (Part 1) will enable you to have your application completed and submitted prior to taking the On-Campus Boot Camp (Part 2).
For maximum benefit, we recommend you schedule your test directly after the Boot Camp, at the following location:
- Prometric Test Center
930 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite LL1
Boston, MA 02215
Important: Students are responsible for registering for the PMP-ACP certification exam, if not completed during the online overview. The cost of the PMI-ACP exam is not included in the cost of the PMI-ACP Exam Preparation program, and is currently $405 for PMI members and $555 for non-members.
Textbooks and Class Materials
The following will be provided and is included in the fee:
- Textbook The PMI-ACP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try (Andy Crowe, 5th Edition)
This text is mailed to students approximately two weeks after the first online class session.
The cost is $1,495 for the online Overview and the on-campus Boot Camp. BU MET students and alumni qualify for a discount. Call 617-353-4497 to get the reduced price of $1,295.
The online sessions will be recorded so students can enroll during the second week and still catch up with the material.
Limited on-campus housing will be available for the June Boot Camp, please call for details: 1-617-353-4497.
For more information on the PMI-ACP Exam Preparation program at Boston University, please call 1-617-353-4497.