Course Details: PMI-ACP® Exam Preparation Program
This program will next be offered May 19-June 22, 2018.
Our PMI-ACP Exam Preparation program consists of two required parts:
- Part 1: Online Overview—Online sessions are held weekly over five Saturdays.
- Part 2: On-campus Boot Camp is held over three days the week following Part 1.
PMI-ACP Certification Requirements
You must have either:
- A secondary diploma (high school, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent)
- 2,000 hours (12 months within the last 5 years) of general project experience working on teams (a current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP® program)
- 1,500 hours (8 months within the last 3 years) working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies (in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience)
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices (successful completion of the Boston University PMI-ACP Exam Preparation course fulfills this requirement)
In addition, you must also:
- Submit relevant academic transcripts
- Submit your application and testing fee to PMI® to take the exam. The Online Overview (Part 1) will enable you to have your application completed and submitted prior to taking the On-Campus Boot Camp (Part 2).
For maximum benefit, we recommend you schedule your test directly after the Boot Camp, at the following location:
- Prometric Test Center
930 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite LL1
Boston, MA 02215
Important: Students are responsible for registering for the PMP-ACP certification exam, if not completed during the online overview. The cost of the PMI-ACP exam is not included in the cost of the PMI-ACP Exam Preparation program, and is currently $405 for PMI members and $555 for non-members.
Textbooks and Class Materials
The following will be provided and is included in the fee:
- Books provided and included in the fee: The textbook for The PMP Exam, based on the PMBOK Guide, sixth edition, soon to be announced. The text is mailed to the students after the first online class session.
The cost is $1,495 for the online Overview and the on-campus Boot Camp. BU MET students and alumni qualify for a discount. Call 617-353-4497 to get the reduced price of $1,295.
The online sessions will be recorded so students can enroll during the second week and still catch up with the material.
Limited on-campus housing will be available for the June Boot Camp, please call for details: 1-617-353-4497.
For more information on the PMI-ACP Exam Preparation program at Boston University, please call 1-617-353-4497.