Course Details: PMP® Exam Preparation Program
This program will next be offered May 20-June 23, 2017.
Our PMP Exam Preparation program consists of two required parts:
- Part 1: Online Overview—Online sessions are held weekly over five Saturdays.
- Part 2: On-campus Boot Camp is held over three days the week following Part 1.
PMP Certification Requirements
You must have either:
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent)
- At least three years of project management experience, with a minimum of 4,500 hours leading and directing projects (requirement varies based on academic credentials)
- A minimum of 35 hours of project management education*
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent)
- At least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
- A minimum of 35 hours of project management education (successful completion of the Boston University PMP Exam Preparation course fulfills the requirement)
*Completing the entire two-part PMP Exam Preparation provides 35 hours of project management education.
In addition, you must also:
- Submit your relevant academic transcripts.
- Submit your application and testing fee to PMI to take the exam. The Online Overview (Part 1) will enable you to have your application completed and submitted prior to taking the On-campus Boot Camp (Part 2).
For maximum benefit, we recommend you schedule your test directly after the Boot Camp at the following location:
- Prometric Test Center
930 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite LL1
Boston, MA 02215
Important: Students are responsible for registering for the PMP certification exam if it is not completed during the Online Overview. The cost of the PMP exam is not included in the cost of the PMP Exam Preparation program, and is currently $405 for PMI members and $555 for non-members.
Textbooks and Class Materials
The following will be provided and are included in the fee:
- Materials from The Science and Art of Project Management (Warburton and Kanabar, 2nd Edition)
- Textbook The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try (Andy Crowe, 5th Edition)
This text is mailed to students approximately two weeks after the first online class session.
The cost is $1,495 for the online Overview and the on-campus Boot Camp. BU MET Students/Alumni qualify for a discount. Call 617-353-4497 to get the reduced price of $1,295.
The online sessions will be recorded so students can enroll during the second week and still catch up with the material.
Limited on-campus housing will be available for the May–June Boot Camp, please call for details: 617-353-4497.
For more information on PMP Exam Preparation at Boston University, please call 617-353-4497.