Overview of the Real Estate Development Process RE106
|Dates:||9/18/18 - 11/6/18|
|Location:||Charles River Campus Boston, MA|
This course provides a practical overview of the real estate development process and the tools to carefully analyze a development or redevelopment project from a return and risk management perspective. Students will examine specific development projects and determine which development processes apply to each.
Topics: The role of each member of a development team; entitlements; key terms in construction and lease contract negotiations; market research techniques; development budget preparation; financial analysis and project financing; and design and operating guidelines for major property types.
Fundamentals of Investment Analysis (RE 107) or equivalent experience with discounted cash flow analysis.
- Offered in September, January, April
Textbooks and Class Materials
- The Real Estate Game: The Intelligent Guide to Decision Making & Investment (1999), Poorvu & Cruikshank ISBN-13: 978-0-6-8485550-9 OPTIONAL HBS Case Study
- 381-081: “Savannah West” REQUIRD; HBS Case Study
- 396-001: “503 Cricket Road” REQUIRE; HBS Case Study
- 391-021: “Regency Plaza” REQUIRED
Please note that prices are subject to change.