Genealogical Essentials - Online OGEN100
Genealogical Essentials serves as excellent preparation for BU’s Certificate Program in Genealogical Research.
Who Should Attend* Hobbyists and enthusiasts who are currently conducting genealogical research, but who seek more formal training
* Serious students new to the field of genealogy
PrerequisitesStudents should be computer literate; have access to broadband or high-speed Internet; and be comfortable with:
* MS Word
* Digital file saving and retrieving
* Citing sources and creating footnotes using Word
While we do not require a bachelor's degree, we recommend at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
Textbooks and Class Materials
- 1. Greenwood, Val D. The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy, 3rd ed. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2000.
2. Powell, Kimberly. The Everything Guide to Online Genealogy, 3rd ed. Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2014. ISBN:978-1440511684
For more information, please call 1-866-633-9370.