Jewish Genealogy: A Comprehensive Introduction GEN223
Prerequisites* Familiarity with FamilySearch.org and the Family History Library’s holdings
* Experience using basic U.S. sources (i.e., vital records, census, naturalization, and immigration documents)
* Laptop or device with wireless capability for classroom and assignment use
- Pre-course work:
* Have a registered account on JewishGen.org (free or enhanced)
* Access to and familiarity with Ancestry.com (free trial version or personal subscription)
* Electronic survey to be returned by July 22, 2013
Textbooks and Class Materials
- Sallyann Amdur Sack and Gary Mokotoff, eds., Avotaynu Guide to Jewish Genealogy (Bergenfield, NJ: Avotaynu, 2004). 978-1886223165
Please use the coupon code "BU" for a discounted price when ordering from this website http://www.avotaynu.com/books/guide-star.html.
Please note that only registered students are eligible for this discount.
For more information, please call 1-866-633-9370.